Monday, October 30, 2006

ABOUT ME

I was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland.

I’m a make-believe chef, storyteller, full service maid, and teacher to my very beautiful daughter who everyone says is a carbon copy of me.

And when I’m not doing that, I am snuggled somewhere under a blanket cultivating the bookworm tendencies innately in me. I love to read, mostly non-fiction. I also love snuggling up with a good movie. Plot is 99.9% important to me. It can make or break a movie, or a book for that matter.

And when I’m not doing that, I am somewhere with a pen scribbling illegible symbols that resemble words onto paper. I am a writer, more specifically a poet. I love to paint pictures with my words, because I’m no good at it with a brush. I began writing poetry in elementary school. God-willing, one day I will be published.

And when I’m not doing that I am somewhere with a camera in my hand capturing moments that would otherwise never again be seen and fade from a viewers memory like the sun after a long days work. Photography is a passion I discovered late in life. Looking back, I realize I always had a love/desire for photos, but I didn’t realize that it was something I was being called to do.

Before that, I could be seen wandering around the campus of Morgan State University, where I received my Undergraduate English with a minor in Psychology.

Currently I may be seen on the campus of Tai Sophia where I am working on my Graduate degree in Herbal Medicine. I plan on getting my certification in Nutrition.

I love spoken word and I love going to open mics.

I love Green tea.

I absolutely can’t go a day without music. It keeps me going. I really want to learn how to play the guitar. Maybe one day I will.

I thank God for the talent and physical capabilities to be able to pursue my (many) passions in life.

There is so much more to me than this. But I don’t want to bore you. :-)